The city of Denver is awarding $50,000 to the local business that it considers to have one of the best business ideas. Criteria for applying include the business being 5 years or younger with up to 25 employees. This is the first time the city has offered this opportunity to Denver LLCs, C Corps and S Corps, and could be just the boost that a new company, or even someone in business a couple of years but still struggling, could really use—especially in these rough economic times.
Growing Small Business: Growing Jobs
The Denver Office of Economic Development has chosen to provide this award because they know that small businesses are the largest job creators in the country and they want to do all they can to support that opportunity.
The awards are actually called the JumpStart Biz Plan Awards and you can learn more by clicking here. Beyond just the cash, the winner receives:
- Office space – One year of membership and office space in the Galvanize G1.0 building (up to five staff members)
- Legal counsel – 35 hours of legal services provided by Polsinelli Shughart
- Tax/Accounting services – 60 hours of tax and accounting services provided by Deloitte
- Marketing services – 60 hours of strategic marketing advisory services from dovetail solutions
- Social media services – WideFoc.us
There will also be 10 business plans recognized as Innovation Award winners, with access to mentoring and a business consultation program.
So get out there small business Denver and show then your stuff! Applications are being accepted through Sept. 14.
Copyright © 2012 Hasan, LLC. All rights reserved.
“Cubicle Location 3×1” under CC license by “halfaloafoftofu”